Many businesses have been told to close by the government. One of the exceptions is car garages and repair shops, especially for repairs and maintenance for key workers’ vehicles. Also for people who need their vehicles to help others who are self-isolating or most at risk. So we’ll continue to operate as normal for the foreseeable future, as long as we’re able to comply with NHS and government guidelines to protect our staff and customers.
We also wanted to let you know that we’re offering our free collection and delivery service for MOT, servicing or repairs to any of you in the areas we cover that are considered more vulnerable, are self-isolating or are essential workers. (We usually collect and return vehicles for customers who can’t easily get to our garage in Stretford).
What we’re doing
- We’re using steering wheel covers, seat covers, floor mat protectors and wiping down areas of your vehicle before and after working on it and, if applicable, when we deliver it to you (stock of covers and wipes are variable at the moment, though).
- Our mechanics wear gloves as a matter of course and are cleaning their hands with antibacterial gel before starting work on each vehicle.
What we ask of you
- Please follow NHS and government advice on self-isolating, and do not come to the garage if you are unwell.
- For those of you coming to the garage in person things should run as normal but we’re following advice to limit numbers in waiting areas. This means, at busier times, we may ask you to wait in the parking area in your vehicle whilst dropping off, or to wait near the garage entrance instead of the waiting room (weather permitting) when picking up.
- For our collection and delivery customers, we will call you when we arrive to arrange for a ‘dead drop’ of keys for your vehicle.
Please also take some time to consider your friends and neighbours and whether you can help them out with shopping or other essential needs. We’ve got a box of #ViralKindness slips if you want to take some and post them
Best wishes from all of us at Egerton Garage